Friday, September 12, 2008

September 11 and "12th"



Usually I leave the bloggin up to Jill, but I just want to intervene here a moment.
Today is September 12th, 7 years ago on September 11th America was attacked.
On September 12th of that same year people acted a little differently than on the 11th. We were nicer to each other, more polite, we gave more hugs and kisses, we appreciated things more. Even if you didn't know someone you were still coming together as a nation.

Now as I look around and you hardly hear or see anything about 9/11 on the news, it amazes me how quickly people forget. We should never forget what occurred on 9/11 and what a tragic day that was.... but we also need to remember how we reacted on 9/12. If we could only be a nation pulling together.... what a difference it would be...
Thanks Jill for letting me post something.
Love, Brandon

1 comment:

Aaron and Jen Budge said...

It is so crazy... We actually got up and googled Sept. 11th today and watched footage from the day we were attacked. It brought tears to my eyes. I will NEVER forget that day. Where I was at the moment I found out and the footage I watched on the news.