Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day... Remembering those before us....

Hey this is Brandon, I just have a little something to say about Memorial Day. Every year I take Jill and the kids up to see my Dad's grave on Memorial Day and over the years the kids attitude has changed to now they expect to go up and see Grandpa's grave. We also look at all the soldier's graves while there. The Idaho State Veterans Memorial is in the same cemetery as my Dad's and it gives us the chance to reflect on all the soldiers who gave their lives so we could live in freedom. This country is great and we are very fortunate to live where we live and have what we have. Hopefully our country can stay strong to its values during these hard times. I salute and thank all the fallen soldiers this memorial day for the freedom we enjoy. Thanks.

No comments: